Emily Daniels travel diary, "The Great Adventure: the story of my first trip abroad."
Biographical / Historical
Emily Daniels was born January 28, 1898 in New Bedford, Massachusetts, the daughter of Azorean immigrants Rose Silveira and Manuel Perreira Daniels. She attended Bridgewater Normal School. "The Great Adventure: the story of my first trip abroad."ecame a teacher in 1918. She taught for 45 years, retiring in 1963. The diary records a trip Emily took to the Azores in 1932. Emily Daniels was the aunt of the donor, Rita D. Marinho. There is a full biography of Emily and her family in her article in Gávea-Brown.
Language of Materials
- Daniels, Emily (January 28, 1898-November 6, 1995) (Person)
- Marinho, Rita Duarte (Author, Person)
- Moniz, Marc A. (Author, Person)
- Emily Daniels travel diary, "The Great Adventure: the story of my first trip abroad."
- In Progress
- Judy Farrar
- 2022 April
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description