Calumet Club (Fall River, Mass.) records
Scope and Contents
The collection includes the club constitution and by-laws, secretary's minutes, correspondence, photographs, treasurer's books, and dues collector's books.
- 1908-2006, bulk, 1910-1974
- Majority of material found within 1910 - 1974
Language of Materials
Materials almost entirely in French; some materials in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Biographical / Historical
Founded in 1910 in Fall River, the purpose of the Calumet Club was to maintain a place of recreation and amusement for its members. The club was disbanded in 1974.
2.1 Linear Feet (3 manuscript boxes and one flat box)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
A portion of the collection was originally received in March, 1996 and catalogued as part of MC 11, from the Franco-American Civic League of Fall River, accession #96-18. Additional materials were received in May 2012 with the records of the Club Richelieu – Fall River, accession #12-13. Those two accessions are physically combined and in this finding aid.
- Calumet Club (Fall River, Mass.) records
- Andrew DeVido
- June, 2013
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- French and English