Sub-series 2: Personal name subject files compiled by private investigators, A-Z, 1959 - 2002
Scope and Contents
Includes research subject files, photographs, videotapes, notebooks and audiotapes donated by private citizens and journalists who investigated the case. Donors include members of The Kennedy Assassination Truth Committee (the Floyd B. Nelson and Lillian Castellano collection), Robert Blair Kaiser, author of R.F.K. must die!, Philip Melanson, Dan Moldea, and Greg Stone. Their research files were combined to form the “Personal Name Subject files” and “Subject files” (Boxes 125-136); other materials from their files and articles written by them are found in the “General files” (boxes 105-107) arranged alphabetically by private investigator’s name. Their collected magazine and newsclippings were also combined to form one chronological grouping (Boxes 133-146). All of the audiotapes are in boxes 127-132. These files are considered an open series and may be added to periodically.
- 1959 - 2002
Conditions Governing Access
no known restrictions.
From the Collection: 64.7 Linear Feet (155 boxes)
Language of Materials
- From the Collection: Melanson, Philip H. (Compiler, Person)
- From the Collection: Castellano, Lillian (Person)
- From the Collection: Nelson, Floyd B. (Person)
- From the Collection: Assassination Truth Committee (Organization)
- From the Collection: Public prosecutors. Los Angeles (Organization)
- From the Collection: Los Angeles (Calif.). Police Department. Special Unit Senator (Organization)
- From the Collection: United States. Federal Bureau of Investigation (Organization)
Part of the Claire T. Carney Library Archives and Special Collections, University of Massachusetts Dartmouth Repository
285 Old Westport Rd.
N. Dartmouth MA 02747 USA